Saturday 25 August 2012

review - REN Hydra-Calm Global Protection Day Cream

I'm afraid this wont be a massively positive post sadly, it's not completely negative but it wont be full of happiness either!



When i purchased this i was so excited! I had completely revamped my skin care routine and bought 'day cream' 'serum' and a 'cleansing balm' and i thought it would make my skin perfect. Well my hopes were a bit higher than the outcome! 

Obviously this being day cream i apply it as soon as i've cleansed my face and my hopes were for it to sink in and leave my face feeling fresh but hydrated and ready for my make up but it does the complete opposite.

When i bought it i was recommended to only use 1-2 pumps as that should but enough but it wasn't really. 
Initially when i put this on my skin feels great and revamped and just silky soft but about 10 minutes later this completely changes. I do get hot quite quickly and (sorry for tmi) i do have a tendency to perspire  - not a lot but a bit of a glimmer on my skin! - and if i'm wearing this the minute i get a bit too hot it literally drips off of me.
Obviously when you're hot you wipe your face if it's a tad damp but with this on my face was actually watery. It didn't leave me hydrated after it had sweated off of my face.

I don't know if i'm using this wrong but it says on the back 'Gently massage onto clean face and neck until absorbed' - and that's exactly what i did but it really didn't work for me.

I don't think you should get put off by this quick review but they really are just my thoughts ... to round it up:

  • Not hydrating
  • Literally dripped off of my face 
  • Had to apply to layers to make it slightly work
  • Expensive and i feel as though i didn't get what i paid for
If you've tried this i would love to hear what you think of it! Sadly i wont be repurchasing but i will use it all up and then move onto the next thing! XO



No comments:

Post a Comment